- Call your agent immediately. Our main office number is (252) 480-4600.
- Have your policy number available if possible.
- Ask your agent when you can expect an adjustor.
Once you have reported your loss, an adjustor will work with you. Please keep your agent advised if your contact information changes.
Before the adjustor arrives, local officials may require the disposal of damaged items.
- Separate damaged items from undamaged items.
- Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their age and value if possible.
- If you have damage estimates that have been prepared by a contractor, provide them to the adjustor.
- Contact your insurance company if an adjustor has not been assigned to you within several days.